If you incur a loss in your TFSA, this will not affect your contribution room. Contribution room is only affected by deposits and withdrawals to or from your TFSA account independent from any trading activities (losses or gains) that occur within the account.
- Do I need to open a new TFSA account on Wealthsimple Trade if I already have a TFSA account open on my Wealthsimple Invest profile?
- Will my Wealthsimple Invest TFSA tracker work for Wealthsimple Trade?
- Can I trade US stocks & ETFs in a TFSA?
- Will my contribution room be affected if I incur a loss in my TFSA?
- Can I have a joint TFSA?
- What happens if I've over-contributed to my TFSA?
- What happens to my TFSA contribution room when I make a withdrawal?
- What is the contribution room for a TFSA?
- What is a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)?