If you incur a loss in a registered account like a TFSA or RRSP, this will not affect your contribution room. Contribution room is only affected by deposits and withdrawals to or from your registered account independent from any trading activities (losses or gains) that occur within the account.
TFSAs & RRSPs
- Do I need to open a new TFSA or RRSP account on Wealthsimple Trade if I already have one open on my Wealthsimple Invest profile?
- Will my Wealthsimple Invest TFSA or RRSP tracker work for Wealthsimple Trade?
- Can I trade US stocks & ETFs in a TFSA?
- Will my contribution room be affected if I incur a loss in my TFSA or RRSP?
- Can I have a joint TFSA?
- What happens if I've over-contributed to my TFSA?
- What happens to my TFSA contribution room when I make a withdrawal?
- What is the contribution room for a TFSA?
- What is a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)?
- What should I know about opening an RRSP on Wealthsimple Trade?